5th Global Summit on City Tourism
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), at the kind invitation of the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt, organized the 5th Global Summit on City Tourism: “Cities: Local Culture for Global Travellers” from 1 - 2 November, 2016 in Luxor.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SUMMIT:
- To create an interdisciplinary platform on which city destinations exchange different experiences in city tourism development and can aquire a detailed understanding of the new paradigms in city tourism and can set a shared vision to adapt to change.
- To provide a comprehensive framework of the extrinsic and intrinsic changes in city tourism as regards planning, governance and operational processes.
- To highlight the mutual impact of tourism and urban development at different scales of cities around the world
- To explore the ways of maximizing the quality visitor experience while safeguarding and enhancing the quality of life for the local community by providing economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits.
- City Tourism patterns; positioning city tourism in the global marketplace: Quantitative and qualitative approach.
- Sustainable development and effective management of competitive city destinations as complex and diverse systems of interrelated economic, social and environmental phenomena and networks: “overall quality visitor experience”.
- Spatial organization and rejuvenation of “tourist cities”: Sustainable cultural tourism in cities as a catalyst for revenue generation for innovative practices in heritage conservation and management.
- Innovation in city tourism product.
- Cross-cultural behavior: visitor and the hosts, livable and lovable cities.
- Adapting to new business models.
- National Tourism Administrations/Organizations
- UNWTO Affiliate Members
- Local authorities, municipalities and international and/ or regional associations/networks of local authorities
- City DMOs
- Convention Bureaus
- Travel trade representatives
- Public authorities in charge of transport
- Cultural institutions
- Academic institutions, scientists and experts related to city tourism research
- Urban planners, architects
- ICT providers
The next edition of the Global Summit on City Tourism will be hosted by the City of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in December 2017.
Would you like to receive regular updates on UNWTO´s City Tourism Summits and other urban tourism related events and activities? Please send an e-mail to Mr. Sascha Stange: email@example.com.